GSU-SUAA Board Meeting
January 16, 2020
Noon, Room D-1497
- Review/approve notes from November 21, 2019 Chapter Board Meeting (Notes are posted immediately below)
- Choose a possible alternative date for the GSU-SUAA Annual Chapter Luncheon, most likely either May 14 or June 11.
- SUAA State Bylaw revisions anticipated and possible revision issues submitted.
- Membership Committee report:
- Implementation of state-wide dues increase for currently working employees on payroll dues deduction;
- Implementation of appeal for increased spousal membership among current GSU-SUAA members.
- Topic selection and date planning for Spring Forum, most likely in late March to early April period, with current suggestions being:
- A session focused on how the Tier II benefit package might realistically be improved.
- A session focused on the forthcoming state Fair Tax Amendment referendum.
- Legislative Committee Report:
- 2020 is clearly a VERY important year for both federal and state politics, and Illinois has an unusually high number of “freshman” legislators this year: We need our Board (and members) to “reach out” to legislators (Assembly and Senate) in each district where our members are constituents to promote at least three key parts of our general agenda.
- Other Business.